Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy 9th



Wednesday was Patrick and my 9th anniversary. It's kind of weird because 9 years seems like a really long time- but it doesn't seem like it's really been so long since we were married!
Of course, Patrick is in Japan so I celebrated by myself- but I invited some friends over and we ate left-over desserts and watched "Funny Girl" which, by the way, is hilarious.
Patrick gets home on Sunday and I am looking forward to picking him up at the airport! I've missed him.
We've gone through many things and places together these past few years. We've suffered the humidity of Virginia, become beach bums in Rota, and watched in awe as our children were born. One thing I have learned is that most of the best things we've done are the things we've done together.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy 9 years!! It goes fast, before you know it you will be celebrating your 30th anniversary!!

Lots of love to you all!!

barbl said...

I just can't believe it's been 9 years! I remember when the 2 fam's were together at the lodge in Resurrection Bay. It was the first time we met Patrick... and you two were smitten... yes, there were actually about 20 people there... but, I don't think you two even noticed!

Congrats,
Barb and the Lefler's

StarScout said...

Congratulations! From our end, it's been a fantastic 9 years. But you are making us too old!

ecometrochic said...

So I've found you and your little blog, too!

Heather said...

Get out of the Navy and still alone for your anniversary huh? Sorry, glad you had a good time. Congratulations!

Tara said...

Congratulations Guys!!! You have had quite the adventurous life so far. Keep it up! We just had our 12th. Time flies when your having fun, huh?