Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baby Names Blues

We have been having some difficulty settling on a baby name for this upcoming arrival. We have a theme of sorts with #'s 1-3: Old Testament names. Now we need another one. . . .
I have just been avoiding picking out a name before now- mainly because I have been extremely paranoid about this pregnancy and I didn't want too much attachment.
BUT the time has marched on, and there is an impending New Arrival on our doorstep, so it's time to choose!
So, I have been looking at various baby name websites and in the Bible itself and these are the names that I like thus far:
Miriam
Naomi
Noell
Miriam is my favorite right now but ask me next week how I'll feel! hah
Anyhow, feel free to offer suggestions. . . . .


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love looking up names! (From your list, Naomi is my favorite.) Here's some more I found:
Tamar
Tamara
Susanna
Abigail
Judith
Havilah
Tirzah
Selah
Ruth
Damaris
Amarah
Bethany
Charity
Have fun narrowing it down!
-Kerry

Laurie said...

Miriam is really cute!! What about Rachel, oh wait was that New or Old Testament! Good luck on your quest!

Darby Family said...

I like Noell. That is my vote. Good luck!

Mari said...

Well, Miriam is my vote . . . I was actually considering it for a girls name, long ago, but it was just too much like Mari and would have caused confusion in the home. :-) It is such a lovely name though . . . Good luck!

Cheryl said...

What happened to Lily? ;p) I love Miriam! Can't wait to snuggle the little angel!

Lots of love!

Heidi said...

My vote is either Miriam or Naomi. Both are cute and have good stories to go with them. We're having the same debate over here, only with boy names.

EM said...

I wrote this post before the name debate produced Lily- but Miriam and Lily are my favorites right now!

Patrick said...

Yet, again, another place where I tactfully ignore Miriam as a choice.